About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm Josephine. Love writing random stuff here. Keep reading to know me more :)

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Do you love watching anime or reading comic books?

My very first anime that I can still remember watching is Sailormoon. The love story between the moon princess and earth prince is so beautiful. Although I was only 10, I believe a lot of girl have fantasy of romance at that age ^^
But my family doesn't subscribe to Astro, so I can only watch anime when it's available on TV1,2,3 (NTV7, 8TV and channel 9 didn't exist yet at that time). My mother think it's not beneficial for my study, thus, I'm only allowed to watch after I finished my homework, as a reward.
I have been reading comic books since I was in primary school too. I still remember the first time I went into a comic shop; I was 11 years old (standard 5), I didn't know there's a shop full of comic books in it. I just finished my classes and my mom was late to fetch me from school, so my friend invite me to the comic shop in that area. I was amazed when I first went into the shop, since I only know Sailormoon, so I rent Sailormoon comic with my pocket money :P 
I stopped renting comic books when I entered secondary school because my pocket money is quite tight :( until form 2, my classmate rented some comic books and brought them to school, I got to read them ^^ During my university life, I rent a lot from shops, even until now, I'll still rent some comic books to read if I'm bored. But I prefer watching anime because I read very slow... Since me and my housemate installed 4Mbps streamyx, we can PPS without the lagging image *hooray*, thus I can watch whatever anime available for stream :P 
I'm watching a funny anime recently, want to recommend to everyone, it's called princess princess, a story about 3 first year junior in male school being assigned to cosplay as princesses in their school, everyone called them "Hime" (princess in japanese), it's a bit like BL anime, but don't worry, it's not 18SX~
Mikoto, Touru, Yuuichiro



My current favourite anime is ONE PIECE!!! I love Luffy's character so much. He's strong, ambitious, never leave any of his friends behind, always there to help what ever he can, full of justice, believe in himself and his crew *>.< kiaaaa!!!* People around him believe in him too!
One Piece OVA: Strong World *nice*
I have been watching this anime since my 3rd year in university, that's 2 and a half years ago... Now, Luffy's journey is not yet finish! The reason I like One Piece so much other than Luffy's character is there are always new things inside this anime that amaze me, their "technologies", their "gadgets", their "super power" (some from the devil fruits, some born within) and the spirit-rising effect, I feel touch especially when they successfully fly their ship to Skypia, island floating on the sky, and win in a fight with the Navy to save their friend. Other than that, this anime has a hint of hilarious-ness too, I sometimes can't stopped laughing when watching this. Luffy, Chopper, Usopu, Franky and Brooke are so funny XD
Which comics or anime that you like? ^^

1 comment:

  1. Sailormoon... The clearest memory of Sailormoon that I have is the song Moonlight Densetsu. Well, that and the awesome transformation sequences that they had as the series went on. Yes, my memory's failing me. orz

    ReplyDelete