About Me

My photo
Hi, I'm Josephine. Love writing random stuff here. Keep reading to know me more :)

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Simple Home-made Salad

I promised my friend to share him about my home-made salad, so I wrote this :)


I made my dinner last week, it was a simple salad that I made with ingredients I found in my kitchen. There are baby butter-head, Harbin smoked sausage, extra virgin olive oil, thousand island salad dressing.
Harbin smoked sausage - my favorite

Baby Butterhead - healthy vege

Extra virgin olive oil - high in anti-oxidant


Thousand island dressing

  1. De-froze the smoked sausage
  2. I use only 1 baby butterhead, pluck the butterhead into pieces, wash it with clean water, especially the part near the root
  3. Slice the smoked sausage in (1)
  4. Heat up your frying pan with small amount of vegetable oil, using a very light fire
  5. Place smoked sausage (1) on the heated pan to heat it up
  6. Absorb excess oil on the smoked sausage with kitchen towel
  7. Break the butterhead into smaller pieces and place them into a bowl, add some olive oil and salad dressing
  8. Place your smoked sausage in (6) on top of the salad, done!
Think it's too simple for your taste buds? Add some scrambled-egg on top of the salad and some black pepper ^^
I don't know why the picture is rotated when I upload it :(
my home-made salad with smoked sausage and scrambled egg
The taste was good, but I should reduce my smoked sausage by half. There are smoked sausage left by the time I finished the butterhead.
It doesn't have to be thousand island, other type of dressing will do too. Scrambled egg and sausage matches best with creamy dressing :)
If prefer more vegetable, I recommend purple cabbage, white onion rings and some cherry tomatoes. Different colours of vegetables gives different rich phytonutrients.
If does not have sausage, the salad goes well with sliced boiled egg too.
if don't have olive oil, just go without it :)


Hope you like it. Enjoy~!

No comments:

Post a Comment